AMAZON EU ACCOUNT MANAGER – Exertis Global Operations
Department: Managed Services – Operations
Reports to: Supply Chain Business Manager
Location: UK or Ireland preferable – EU based possible
Apply by sending a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary function of the Amazon Account Manager will be helping to manage the initial set up of the Amazon account within Exertis Global Operations and driving ongoing optimisation of the processes including electronic communication (EDI), delivery services, product creation and maintenance activities. They will be accountable for the functioning of the account and driving a high level of serviceability for the vendors using Exertis Global Operations as their route to market. As a secondary function, the Amazon Account Manager will work with the brands to help them implement their product sales strategy across the relevant territories.
The role requires an individual who is detail-oriented, with a high level of attention to process and a drive to always improve. They will be self-motivated and display a high level of energy and enthusiasm. This individual will have a good level of commercial acumen with the ability to analyse their business and draw results and conclusions from data.
The Amazon Account Manager will need to be in the Dublin office at regular intervals and when requested but can be based in a suitable location away from Dublin consistent with the performance of the responsibilities as follows.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day process of administering and serving the Amazon account across the EU6 space (and wider should the business grow);
- Manage the product creation and set up process in line with vendor timescales;
- Be the key point of contact for vendors for their execution across Amazon EU6 with Exertis Global Operations;
- Constantly review and improve processes relating to:
- Order receipt and management
- Backorder management
- Shipping and dispatch
- Terms and invoicing
- Co-ordinate and/or execute A+ and A+ premium content where required;
- Co-ordinate product availability with vendor-driven marketing activity in each region;
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with key individuals within the Amazon structure relevant to the vendors and project overall;
- Co-ordinate with the vendor on AMS and AMG strategy and execution where relevant to Exertis’ role in the fulfilment of their products;
- Co-ordinate the forecast from Amazon with the forecast from Global Operations and Vendor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in distribution, Amazon agency or similar field;
- Proven ability to build, grow and manage successful relationships with key internal Amazon personnel, based on credibility and trust;
- Understand company reporting and how to create improvement strategies and growth plans;
- Be proactive with vendors to drive new business opportunities;
- Experience of managing peers and people’s time and tasks;
- Strong communication and influencing skills;
- Strong presentation skills, high level of influence in pitching Amazon services to potential new clients of Exertis Global Operations.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with Amazon in any territory, ideally within the technology sector;
- Deep understanding of Vendor Central and Seller Central systems, A+ & A+ Premium content management and generation, Order and Backorder Management;
- Strong IT competence with hands on experience of working with SAP / ERP an advantage;
- Understanding of AMS and AMG;
- Commercial experience, with proven history in management of pricing, rebates, discounts and the application of such via Amazon;
- Good market knowledge in consumer electronics categories;
- Excellent time management and planning capabilities;
- Self-confidence, gravitas, and the impact to quickly earn respect at all levels;
- Business English or higher is required, with a 2nd language desirable;
- Proactively interact with other Exertis teams to help find efficiencies in the supply and fulfilment process;
- Constantly look at how the service offering can be improved;
- Management of 3rd party agencies or service providers, KPI management etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.