|Title:||Buyer & Account Coordinator|
|Reports To:||Senior Supply Chain Business Manager|
|Location:||Limerick or Galway|
We are a multi-million-euro company that continues to grow and are part of the DCC Plc group. Our core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers & customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics, industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design & operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process and we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
We are currently expanding our business and are looking for someone who is passionate about the business of supply chain and who wants to be involved in an exciting and fast-moving growth environment.
To manage and ensure supply of parts in the most cost-effective way, including the planning, procurement and positioning of current parts list and the on-boarding of new suppliers & parts for new projects. To work directly with the customer on materials supply data and work to alleviate any supply constraints to ensure continuity of parts supply at all times. Also work to review and control current inventory levels and ensure target stock levels are maintained or reduced in line with specific targets. Work with a designated 3PL provider to ensure material positioned at the 3PL site is managed and maintained in an accurate manner. Also ensuring order call offs are satisfied within the required timeframe to the customer site. Travel to and from the supporting 3PL and customer site (both in close proximity) will be required once COVID restrictions permit this. Required frequency will be on a weekly / bi-weekly basis.
- Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products;
- Be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new suppliers;
- Work with relevant procurement personnel, suppliers and the 3PL to expedite shortages and urgent shipments;
- Communicate regularly with vendors and provide reports to customers as required;
- Work to reduce / eliminate any potential excess and obsolete materials;
- Review impact of engineering change and/or deviations to current supply;
- Develop and implement a cost reduction program;
- Work with engineering and IT to onboard new cost-effective solutions as part of our innovation programmes;
- Ensure that control, recording systems and procedures fully meet our client’s requirements;
- Ensure timely escalation and elimination of roadblocks;
- Responsible for scheduling reviews with suppliers;
- Provide regular updates to internal and external customers, including daily visits to the customer site;
- Responsible for NPI management and new vendor set-up;
- Ensure all SAP master data, including pricing, is kept up to date and present regular reports displaying same;
- Support accounts payable to ensure timely invoicing and query resolution;
- Work with our 3PL partner on operational related requirements to ensure delivery of required services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Vendor management expertise;
- Be proactive & results driven;
- Must have strong communications skills & have excellent interpersonal skills and work with different functions within the organisation;
- Team player with the ability to work well in a pressurised environment to demanding objectives;
- Able to work under their own initiative and make sound commercial decisions;
- Be innovative and solution driven;
- Operational knowledge of order processing. Scheduling and schedule management.
Education & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of MRP and SAP;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc;
- APICS/IIPMM or equivalent;
- Equivalent work history in a similar role;
- Have previously operated in a production or warehouse environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to: Scs.firstname.lastname@example.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as a exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.