|Reports To:||Materials Manager or Designate|
We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow, and are part of the DCC Plc group. Our
core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers & customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics, industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design & operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
To manage and ensure supply of parts in the most cost effective way, including transfer of current parts and the on-boarding of new suppliers & parts for new projects.
- Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production
scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products.
- Be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Work with relevant procurement personnel and/or suppliers to expedite shortages and urgent
- Communicate regularly with vendors and provide reports to customers as required.
- Work to reduce / eliminate any potential Excess and Obsolete materials.
- Review impact of Engineering Change and/or Deviations to current supply.
- Develop and implement a cost reduction program.
- Work with Engineering to onboard new cost effective solutions as part of our Innovation Programmes.
- Ensure that control, recording systems and procedures fully meet our client’s requirements.
- Ensure timely escalation and elimination of roadblocks.
- Responsible for scheduling reviews with suppliers.
- Provide regular updates to internal and external customers, including visits to the Customer site.
- View and process Purchase Requisitions and SAP Purchase Orders while implementing strategies, policies & procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ideally, bachelor’s / master’s degree in Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Production Management.
- Very good level of English and Polish in terms of written and verbal skills.
- Vendor Management Expertise.
- Be proactive & results driven.
- Demonstrate a strong record of contract negotiation & ability to negotiate with vendors for maximum benefit.
- Must have strong communications skills & have excellent interpersonal skills and work with different functions within the organisation.
- Team player with the ability to work well in a pressurised environment to demanding objectives.
- Able to work under their own initiative and make sound commercial decisions.
- Extensive knowledge of MRP and SAP.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- APICS/IIPMM or equivalent (will be an advantage).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a copy of your CV and Cover Letter
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as a exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.