|Title:||Financial Accountant (12 month FTC)|
|Reports To:||Group Financial Controller|
We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow, and are part of the DCC Plc group. Our core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers & customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics, industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design & operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process and we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the role is responsible for supporting the FC to complete a wide range of tasks from high level financial tasks including statutory accounts and corporation tax to general day to day tasks such as payroll and financial general ledger duties. This hands-on role will suit an all-round individual looking for exposure with an international company as part of a large plc group and looking to progress their career development. The responsibilities of this role can be completed through a hybrid of working in the office and from home.
- Support to the FC for a high range of financial tasks including;
- Weekly and monthly payrolls;
- Treasury management;
- Including cash flow analysis, bank payments and F.X. hedging;
- Financial month-end close;
- Monthly balance sheet checklists including:
- Balance sheet controls and GL reconciliations;
- Intercompany reconciliations;
- Pension administration;
- Statutory accounts;
- Corporation tax returns;
- Yearend external audits plus internal audits;
- General financial day to day tasks;
- Work with local and international Finance teams to support their needs as and when required including holiday cover;
- Other Ad hoc financial tasks as and when required.
Knowledge, skills & Expertise:
- A strong record for achievement to date, both academically and professionally;
- Qualified accountant or part-qualified accountant working towards qualification;
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills;
- Strong IT competence with hands on experience of working with SAP / ERP systems an advantage;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Experience of using Microsoft products including Excel and PowerPoint.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as a exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.