|Title:||IT Technical Support Specialist|
|Group IT Manager|
We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow, and are part of the DCC Plc group. Our core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers & customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all sizes in the technology industry. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design & operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
We are currently expanding our business and are looking for someone who is passionate about the business of supply chain and who wants to be involved in an exciting and fast-moving growth environment.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process and we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
The ideal candidate will have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills and experience in both hardware and software support.
The candidate must also have the following skill sets:
- Strong customer focus;
- Strong people and issue management skills, knowledge of Service Desk principles;
- Working knowledge of Desktop Operating systems including Windows 10, and Mac OS;
- Ability to understand, support and troubleshoot various end-user applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, Cisco products, Antivirus, etc.
- Experienced in Backup and Recovery, and systems’ patching and upgrades;
- A knowledge of IP networks: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, etc.
- Goal oriented and results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion;
- Must be a highly effective communicator, with the ability to manage and implement necessary change, quickly and effectively, in a highly dynamic environment.
The organisation runs an enterprise suite of applications including customer interfaces, partner portals, business analytics and SAP ERP to support a high volume, high revenue business. The role includes:
- Monitor and maintain system stability and performance of production systems;
- Desktop support (MS Office, Cisco UC, Antivirus, etc.);
- Users management across different systems and applications;
- Perform system software upgrades, testing, and coordination;
- Execute and monitor backups of business-critical systems on agreed schedule;
- Compete periodic data restoration tests and system patching;
- PC & server installation;
- Contribute to monthly reports on IT service statistics;
- Taking charge of incidents from triage to closure;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a similar role;
- A recognised degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Any certification is a bonus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as a exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.