|Reports To:||Site Manager|
The Company: We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow, and are part of the DCC Plc group. Our core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers & customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics, industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design & operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process and we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the candidate will work as part of the Operations Team supporting our customers’ warehousing requirements in the Technology industries as serviced from our Lodz site with some additional interlocks with customers and stakeholders for other Exertis sites.
The candidate will provide support to the day-to-day site warehousing operations as the primary area of focus with additional responsibilities in ensuring customers’ requirements are serviced in line with expectations. The candidate will work alongside other operational team members, while also initiating and taking part in site projects aimed at improving site operations or adding new capabilities.
The position will provide direction and leadership for operational activity on-site and coordinate across functions of Quality Assurance, Inventory Control and Logistics, ensuring essential site activities are always sustained. The candidate will also be responsible for performance management, ensuring that operational targets are achieved and maintained and for operational KPIs and implementation of new process where necessary to support new activity.
- To maintain and promote the highest standards of health and safety throughout our operations and to drive engagement in our site EHS systems.
- To contribute positively to a business and site culture of inclusion which encourages and supports the diversity in our employee base.
- To provide leadership by demonstrating high standards of work practices and compliance to Exertis policies and procedures and customer policies and procedures as applicable.
- To support & monitor site operations in key areas such as training, compliance, operational efficiencies and inventory accuracy and to report these metrics to business leadership as required.
- To execute projects aimed at improving site operations or adding new capabilities to site based on our customer requirements or Exertis/DCC internal requirements.
- To support the warehouse team in the people management process – to include time management, recruitment and selection, performance management, work allocation etc.
- To provide support, and cover for instances of leave or absence, to members of the Operations Team to ensure that all customers (internal and external) are serviced in line with expectations.
- To support the full capture and reporting requirements from an operational perspective
- To monitor the adherence to EHS standards in our processes, practices and waste management.
- To recommend and initiate measures to improve quality of service, reduce costs, and increase efficiency of site operations.
- To a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the organization Quality Policy and Quality System.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of operations management & associated systems, working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, Environmental, Health and Safety management systems would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with experience of direct customer interaction.
- Previous experience of leading teams and demonstrated ability in people motivation, organizing and team building.
- IT skills – working knowledge of the MS Office suite with a particular focus on MS Excel. Previous experience of using ERP systems such as SAP would be an advantage however full training would be provided.
- Excellent time management & a flexible working approach focused on the needs of the customer.
- A systematic approach to work coupled with strong initiative & high standards of execution would be a key enabler of success for this role.
Education & Experience:
- Experience of operations, management/supervision, working in an industrial or business environment.
- A third level qualification in operations/supply chain management/business management or a related field or significant experience in operations management/supervision would be and advantage
- 3 years’ experience in a detailed operational role in a fast moving environment.