Title: Spares Inventory & VMI Technician
Reports To: VMI Warehouse Supervisor
We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow, and are part of the DCC Plc group. Our core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers & customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics, industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design & operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
Operating at both our location and our customer site covering the responsibilities as outlined (subject to change). Specific training will be provided in line with site specific requirements.
- Comply with site safety policies to maintain an accident free environment;
- Ensure documentation of maintenance activities to GxP standards both in paper based records and the CMMS system;
- Maintaining the physical condition and environment of all areas;
- Support Continuous Improvement, 5S and Lean initiatives;
- Promotes quality and customer service;
- Follows current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs);
- Attend daily Spares Inventory group meeting;;
- Create new item master for new Spares in BMRAM;
- Create BOM for all parts;
- Log all data in Spares Inventory Master file;
- On-going update to Master file so that all stakeholders can view the status of their project;
- Carry out goods receipt on BMRAM, verify that correct parts are delivered, labeled and putaway;
- Manage the space allocation for each Spare part and optimize the available space on-site;
- Manage and track the Spares assigned for off-site storage, ensure stock levels are synchronized between SAP (off-site) and BMRAM (on-site);
- Carry out on-site Spare Parts cycle counting as per SOP;
- Create and maintain database for all spare parts sent off-site for repair; Manage all paperwork associated with this repair process;
- Provide support in setting up both temporary and fixed VMI Kanban locations;
- Set up max qty by part for VMI items based on weekly usage for PA8 & PA9;
- Determine bin sizes for items based on current & future usage;
- Place orders with storage Hub and stock Kanban bins based on consumption;
- Collect all Cleanroom garments in Cleanrooms and send for laundry;
- Manage all queries relating to existing VMI items and new requests.
- Transporting part and materials between the Exertis site and the customer site, or to/from other local third party logistics sites. This transport would be carried out using a company supplied van or rigid truck.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A Category C licence would be an advantage. Candidates without a Category C license may be required to gain qualification in order to fulfil this role.
- Have the ability to communicate with mid and senior management within the Facilities department;
- Review daily/weekly VMI usage figures and report to Spares Inventory. Highlight any spike in usage immediately to Supervisor;
- Recommend changes to VMI max buffer stock quantities to be kept on site based on consumption data.
Education & Experience:
- Studying for APICS Certification or IIPMM equivalent, would be advantageous;
- Computer literate with experience including Excel (other spreadsheet experience acceptable) and/or Access;
- Good understanding/experience of using SAP or similar is also required;
- Be proactive and able to work on own initiative;
- Able to actively progress issues with other functions within the business.
If you are interested in the above position, please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org