|Title:||VAT and General Ledger Accountant|
|Reports to:||Financial Controller Managed Services|
We are a multi-million euro company that continues to grow, and are part of the DCC plc group. Our core strengths lie in supply chain management, and we work with brand name technology manufacturers and customers. We continue to develop innovative solutions at the leading edge of supply chain management and are constantly developing existing relationships and forging new customer partnerships.
We work with companies of all size and industry including the technology, consumer electronics, industrial, med tech and pharmaceuticals sectors. We have operations across Europe, the US and Asia. We are partnered with thousands of suppliers globally and have an international logistics partnership network spanning six continents. We are a leader in professional materials supply chain design and operation and are the only supply chain services company that can manage cost, capital and complexity for our clients.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process and we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
Reporting to the Financial Controller Managed Services, the role is responsible for completion and management of the companies’ multiple EU VAT returns as well as providing support in additional ad-hoc financial responsibilities. This role will suit a well organised and detail-oriented individual looking for exposure to some key brand names in an international business PLC environment. The role is part of a small team and is supported by external advisors who already complete and submit many of the VAT and Intrastat returns on behalf of the company. The role will also include the management of the transitioning of our VAT and Intrastat completion processes to a new online portal with our external advisors to streamline the completion and improve the processes for completion of our VAT returns.
- Completion including full reconciliation to the GL and submittal of EU VAT and Intrastat returns for the Group;
- Responsibility for production and maintenance of VAT and Intrastat calendar including all relevant returns;
- Work with external advisors and our internal IT department to ensure proper VAT and Intrastat control checks and balances are in place;
- Work with external advisors and our internal IT department on the transitioning of our VAT and Intrastat completion processes to a new online portal to streamline the completion and improve these processes;
- Support to the Financial Controller and other finance team members on other ad-hoc financial activities;
- Involvement with Internal and External Audit processes associated with completion of the VAT and Intrastat returns;
- Other ad hoc finance projects as required by the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A strong record for achievement to date, both academically and professionally;
- Previous industry experience with VAT ideally in a multi-jurisdictional and multi-company environment would be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong IT competence with hands on experience of working with SAP or similar ERP system;
- Good technical ability across compliance & reporting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as a exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job.